Using this website
This website is run by Wealden District Council.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website.
We are always working to make our website as accessible and usable as possible. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also tried to make the website text easy to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the website does not allow you to change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- most older PDF, Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- some of our videos are embedded from YouTube and may feature labelling from YouTube itself, which is incorrect or not sufficiently descriptive – you can visit our YouTube channel to see more of our videos
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format – like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille – please email our crematorium team or call us on 01323443400
We will consider your request and aim to reply within 20 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, please email the crematorium team or call 01323 443400
We (Wealden District Council) are responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations.
If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
If you need to get in touch with us and you are a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can contact us using online interpreting or text to speech service.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Wealden District Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- Issues with PDFs and other documents – Some of our PDFs don’t meet accessibility standards. For example, they may not be marked up so they are accessible to a screen reader.
The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we don’t plan to fix older research reports.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
- Issues with images, video and audio – Many of our videos are embedded from YouTube and may feature labelling from YouTube itself, which is incorrect or not sufficiently descriptive – you can visit our YouTube channel to see more of our videos
How we tested this website
This website was last tested in September through an online tool called SiteImprove and also audits took place from July to September 2020.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are currently developing our PDFs in to accessible pages and aim to have this complete in March 2021.
This statement was last updated on 1st February 2021.